School: Town of Fremont, Pine Circle
Town of Fremont, Pine Circle School
Surnames: DRESCHER LINDOW SCHLINSOG
The school building for Town of Fremont School Dist. No. 3 was probably built about 1893 on a site about a mile and a half south of Chili. It was moved to the southeast corner of Sec. 28 after the land was purchased from Louis and Mary Lindow on 1906.
Wm. Lindow recalls that the 10 to 15' pine trees were dragged in and planted around the school while he was writing his 8th grade examination. In 1920 the name Pine Circle School was chosen by the teacher, Nelda Drescher, (now Mrs. Harry Schlinsog), and the school board.
The school was closed on 1958. The land and buildings were purchased by Marlyn and Mary Lindow in 1959. There have been Lindows in the building continuously, either as owners or students, since it was built.
----Source: Granton Community Memories 1856-1976
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs