School: Granton area, Kurth School
----Source: Granton Community Memories 1856-1976
Surnames: AYERS BARTZ BLACKMAN BRADFORD BREED BROOKS BRULE CHASE DEUTSCH DIETRICH EIDE FIELD GAIER GREISCH HAINES HOFFMAN HOWARD HUGHES KUECHENMEISTER KURTH MANES MOTT MCGINNIS RUDDOCK SCHILLER SCHLINSOG SCHMIDTKE SELVES STEVENS TOPTINE TYLER VINE WAGE WARD WEST WINEGARDEN ZILLE
Kurth School was founded in 1884. George Brooks was the first clerk and F.J. Vine, the chairman. In 1888, fall term - two months of German was required. At the first school meeting they raised the teacher's wage to 150.00 and 50.00 for incidental expenses they paid .82 for a year of insurance, Clerk's salary was 5.00.
The present school building was built in 1905. About 1960, the district was consolidated with Neillsviille and Granton. Dave Gaier now resides in the remodeled home.
Some of the teachers were Eva Field, Minnie Ward, Birdie Manes, Mary Greisch, Elvira Ayers, Lillian McGinnis, Musa West, Matie Brule, Alice Stevens, Celia Tyler, Racie Howard, Mayme Breed, Amstia Deutsch, Dora Wage, Lollie Blackman, Daniel Hughes, Alma Keuchenmeister, Mae Toptine, Mabel Winegarden, Ina Huckstead, Mildred Schiller, Fanny Chase, Anida Dietrich, Irene Bradford, Bernice Eide, Irma Bartz, Edna Kurth, Ella Haines, Margaret Ruddock, Dorothy Mott, Orvilla Zille, Esther Schmidtke, Arlene Schlinsog, Ruby Selves and Ella Hoffman .
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs