School: Lynn, Sunbeam School
Surnames: BARTSCH BIELKE BROOKS GARDNER GERBER GROTTKE SCHLINSOG SCHMIDTKE SCHMITZ SHORT STERNITZKY QUALLEY VERNIG
The Lynn school district was established in 1880, the first being Lynn School. The first teacher was Mae Toptine. The Lynn School was moved to a location east of Elda Brooks, at which time Elsie Short was teaching. The Sunbeam School was built in 1892. Ernst Sternitzky was the clerk from 1892 until 1913 when his son, Edward, was elected to replace him. Edward served many years. He represented Clark County at the Wis. State Fair in Milwaukee as honored school official in 1956. In 1958 he had the opportunity to present his granddaughter, Betty Jane, daughter of Herbert Sternitzky, her first pay check of her teaching career.
About 1960 the school board was consolidated into the Granton School system. Board members at the time were Ray Sternitzky, Russell Gardner and Edwin Sternitzky.
Some teachers serving the school were Ester Schmidtke, Lois Gerber, Lila Sternitzky Schmitz, Betty Jane Sternitzky, Arlene Schlinsog, Rose Vernig, Edna Selves Sternitzky, Ruth Bielke, Leorna Bartsch, Alyce Qualley and Ethel Grottke.
----Source: Granton Community Memories 1856-1976
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs