School: Granton area, Maple Grove School
Granton area, Maple Grove School
Surnames: GROTTKE HOLMES KLEINSCHMIDT LINDOW MIESSNER SCHIER YORKSTON
MAPLE GROVE SCHOOL
Started about 1890, the first Maple Grove School was built on a hill about one mile south of Chili Corners then one half mile east. About 1897, property was leased form W. H. Yorkston and the Maple Grove School was rebuilt there on the land once owned by Fred Grottke. Gertrude Holmes, Marian Cole Meissner, Marilyn Lindow and Grace Schier were some of the teachers. About 1959 the Maple Grove School consolidated with the Granton Public Schools. The latest school board members were Charles Meissner, Leo Kleinschmidt and Fred Grottke.
In 1960, Glen Kleinschmidt bought the property and remodeled it for a home in which they are now living. The picture of the school is dated about 1927-1928
----Source: Granton Community Memories 1856-1976
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs