School: Granton, Wisconsin area, Roder School
Surnames: BRAATZ BROOKS CHURCHILL GARBISCH HASKE HRASKY KISSLING KUHL SCHLINSOG RUDDOCK WAGE
----Source: Granton Community Memories 1856-1976
According to some old legal documents half an acre of land was purchased from Fernando Wage in 1877 for $20.00 and a school was built. This farm is now owned by Fritz Garbisch. The board members were George Brooks, William Schlinsog and Wilson Churchill. A little later a school was built about one mile west known as the Kurth School. Then in order to get the school about in the center of District No. 2, a half acre of land was leased from William Schlinsog in 1880 and a new school was built 20 x 26. In 1926, this school was destroyed by fire. About a month later, it was decided to build the next school on higher ground about 40 rods south. One acre was bought from Albert Schlinsog. This school was located where the Vic Braatz residence is now. his school was used until consolidation with Granton Public Schools in 1961. Some of the teachers were Bettie Kuhl, Alice Kissling, Margaret Ruddock Hransky and the last teacher was Edith Haske.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs