Property: Greenwood, Burch, E.
T. (Variety Store)
----Source: Greenwood WI Public Library/Women's Club Album
Surnames: BURCH JONES TAYLOR RELLIS BAIRD WHITTMAN LOVICK
The E. T. Burch Store on Main Street, Greenwood, WI 1895
The handsome and well equipped store of E. T. Burch on Main Street was erected in 1895 by the Greenwood Mercantile and Manufacturing Company with S. P. Jones, F. M. Taylor and E. T. Burch as its officers and who conducted a general mercantile business until 1902, when its present owner, E. T. Burch, bought out the interests of the parties concerned, taking full possession, and has since conducted a most thriving and praiseworthy business and is one of our most prosperous and respected merchants. (Greenwood Gleaner excerpt) This store was later purchased by John W. Arends, and then by Bill Rellis who sold it to H. R. Baird. It then became known as Baird's Store and eventually, the Jerry Whittman Grocery. In later years, it was replaced by the Neillsville Memorial Clinic and the dental practice of Tom Lovick.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs