BioM: Guthrie, Dora (Marriage - 1907)
Surnames: CHASE GUTHRIE
----Source: CLARK COUNTY REPUBLICAN & PRESS (Neillsville, Wis.) 10/10/1907
Guthrie, Dora (Marriage - 25 SEP 1907)
Wednesday, Sept. 25th, 1907, at the home of the bride?s parents, Mr. and Mrs. H.E. Guthrie, of Monmouth, Oregon, Philander E. Chase and Miss Dora Guthrie were united in marriage by the Rev. E.C. Wigmore of Eugene.
The room was tastefully decorated in trailing smilax and white roses. The bridal pair received there blessing standing under an arch and bell of white roses and ribbon. Miss Edna Guthrie, sister of the bride, sang, "O Promise Me", after which the bride and groom marched in to the strains of Lohengrin?s Wedding March played by Miss Norma Daniels. The bride was dressed in white silk with veil and carried a shower bouquet of white carnations.
After congratulations the guest repaired to the dining room which was tastefully decorated in lavender, green and white, where refreshments were served.
?Mid showers of rise and old shoes the bridal pair departed for Salem in a carriage decorated for the occasion. They were accompanied by Misses Nellie Merry, Edna Guthrie and M.S. Whitman.
After a short trip up the Columbia, Mr. and Mrs. Chase will return to their home in Monmouth where Mr. Chase is the leading jeweler. Their many friends wish them joy and happiness in their wedded life.
Among the many and costly presents received was a silver sugar spoon presented by Mr. D.M. Guthrie, grandfather of the bride, who settled in Oregon in 1846, and was quite conspicuous as a scout and Indian fighter in the early days. The old gentleman, although 84 years of age is as active on this feet and his mind as clear as most men of half his years.
The groom Philander E. Chase was born and raised in Clark County, Wis., and came to Oregon in 1901, and established a jewelry store in Monmouth, where he is doing a flourishing business.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs