Elzora L. (1847 - 1927)
Surnames: BLISS, CAMPBELL, MASTERS, COOPER, LYNCH, COOPER, VAN SCOY, HARLOW
----Source: NEILLSVILLE PRESS (Neillsville, Clark County, Wis.) 09/29/1927
Bliss, Elzora L. (13 APR 1847 - 24 SEP 1927)
Mrs. Elzora L. Bliss passed away Saturday, Sept. 24, 1927, at the Veterans' Home near Waupaca, aged 80 years. Mrs. bliss, whose maiden name was Elzora Campbell, was born in Rock Co., Wis., April 13, 1847. She was married at Mt. Ida, Grant co., in August 1863 to Elliott O Bliss. In 1872, they moved to Trempealeau Co. and lived there till 1888, when they moved to Clark County and settled on a farm in western Pine Valley near Columbia. Here they made their home until moving to Neillsville about 20 years ago. Mr. Bliss died in Oct. 1916. About a year ago she was taken to the Veterans' Home, as she had become quite helpless from a stroke of apoplexy.
Mrs. Bliss was the mother of 11 children, only one of whom, Mrs. Laura Masters of Ames, Iowa, survives. When Mr. and Mrs. Bliss were living on the farm the family was stricken with diphtheria and six of the children died of that dread disease within a few weeks. Two other children died in infancy and two others, Mrs. Addie Cooper and Mrs. James Lynch, died after reaching womanhood. After the death of her six children she took into her home two little granddaughters, Myrtle and Mable Cooper, and brought them up to womanhood. They are now Mrs. Myrtle Van Scoy of Ames, Iowa, and Mrs. Mable Harlow of Marshfield. Deceased leaves in all, 6 grandchildren, 6 great-grandchildren and 1 great-great-grandchild.
Mrs. Bliss was a woman of fine qualities, a good wife and mother, and a kind neighbor. She was a member of the Congregational Church for a number of years. The funeral will be held at the Congregational Church in Neillsville, Wednesday afternoon at 2 o'clock, Rev. G. W. Longenecker officiating.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs