BioM: Davis, Rhoda (1927)
Surnames: DAVIS SCHOENGARTH MANNING
----Source: NEILLSVILLE PRESS (Neillsville, Clark County, Wis.) 10/20/1927
Davis, Rhoda (12 OCT 1927)
Mr. Albert J. Schoengarth and Miss Rhoda Davis were united in marriage in Neillsville, Clark County, Wis. at 1 o'clock Wednesday, Oct. 12, 1927, Rev. G. W. Longenecker officiating.
They were attended by the groom's brother, Mr. Arthur Schoengarth, who was groomsman and Miss Edith Manning, bridesmaid. The bride wore a beautiful dress of white silk georgette, trimmed with beads and rhinestones. She carried a bouquet of roses. The bridesmaid wore pink georgette trimmed with lace and rhinestones; she also carried a bouquet of roses. The groom and groomsman bother wore dark blue suits.
After the marriage ceremony the bridal party returned to the home of the bride's parents, Mr. and Mrs. John D. Davis of the town of York, where a fine wedding supper was served to about 125 invited guests. The parlor and dining room were prettily decorated with pink and white crepe paper and white wedding bells. Many fine presents were bestowed upon the young couple.
In the evening a free wedding dance was given at the home of the groom's parents, Mr. and Mrs. Fred Schoengarth in the town of Grant, which was greatly enjoyed by all present. A bountiful lunch was served at midnight.
The bride and groom are deservedly popular with a large group of friends, and begin their new life with every prospect of happiness and success, and the best wishes of relatives and friends. They left Saturday by auto for a honeymoon trip to Milwaukee, Sheboygan and Oshkosh.
Those from away who attended the wedding were Mr. and Mrs. W. Montgomery and two sons of Marshfield; Mr. Wm. Davis of Chicago; Mrs. Effie Garvin of Milwaukee; Mr. and Mrs. Frank Dubberstein of Eldorado.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs