BioM: Brauer, Babette (1930)
Contact: Crystal Wendt
Surnames: Brauer, Nash, Conway, Woelffer
----Source: Neillsville Press (Neillsville, Clark County, Wis.) Feb. 20, 1930
Brauer, Babette (Marriage - 15 Feb. 1930)
Mr. William E. Nash Jr. and Miss Babette Brauer were united in marriage at the parsonage of St. Peter and St. Paul’s Catholic church in Wisconsin Rapids, at 3 o’clock Saturday afternoon, Feb. 15. Mr. William Conway of Madison, a close friend of the groom was best man, and Miss Jane Brauer, sister of the bride was bridesmaid.
The bride was dressed in beige lace with lace hat to match and carried a bridal bouquet of lavender sweat peas, lilies of the valley and yellow roses. Her traveling suit was of brown velvet with satin blouse and red fox collar. The bridesmaid wore blue crepe with hat to match and carried violets with a single yellow rose.
After the ceremony a reception was held at the home of the bride’s parents from four until six o’clock. The rooms were beautifully decorated with many cut flowers.
The bride is the oldest daughter of Mr. and Mrs. R. A. Brauer and is well known here, living most of her life here when her parents resided in Neillsville. She took two years in Neillsville high school completing the course by a year in Oshkosh high school and her senior year in Wisconsin Rapids. Later she attended Oshkosh State Teachers College and Milwaukee Downer College. She is a young lady of fine personality and social very popular.
The groom is the son of Mr. and Mrs. William Nash Sr. of Wisconsin Rapids. He has a position with the Nekoosa Edwards Paper Co. in their Chicago office. He is said to be a young man of ability and high character.
After a wedding trip the young couple will return to Chicago and will reside at 5633 Kenmore Ave.
Among the out of town guests attending the wedding were Miss Irma and Marie Woelffer of Neillsville.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs