News: Miller'Chambers Hotel 1909
Contact: Vickie

----Source: The Humbird Enterprise Date: 5-22-1909

Miller-Chambers Hotel The following about a. G. Miller’s and Robt. Chambers’ hotel and livery business at Fall Creek, which appeared in a late issue of the Eau Claire and Pepin Co. Trade Review, will interest their friends in this vicinity: This is the principal hotel in Fall Creek for the transient trade, beginning well patronized by commercial travelers from all parts of the country; also has a good local trade in Fall Creek and surrounding country, included several regular boarders. The hospital building is centrally located on Main street, being two stories 50x70. The first floor is devoted to the office, sitting room, dining room, kitchen and two private bedrooms, with sixteen bedrooms on the upper floor for the use of guests. Both floors are lighted by gas and hot water heating will be installed this summer. The dining room will seat thirty persons, excellent table fare being provided which suppers for party gatherings are prepared when requested. On special days as many as one hundred persons have been served with meals. In connection with the hotel is a well equipped liver6y, comprising nine livery horses and a full line of livery rigs, including two and three seated carriage, etc. Carriages are furnished for weddings, parties and funerals for places fifteen miles away. One specialty is in making trips for travelers to all the surrounding towns, with a good local trade in light livery and fine rigs are ready for immediate use. Te business was established fifteen years ago by Mr. H. C. Joern who was succeeded the latter part of March by the firm of Chamber & Miller. The latter removed there from Humbird, while Mr. Chambers formerly resided in the vicinity of Fall Creek, having a wide acquaintance with the local trade. Their prospects for a good business the coming seasons are very bright and the firm will erect a new building to be used for livery, feed, and sale stable which will be 100x46 feet, two stories, equipped with cement floor and all improvements, including wash room, harness and robe room, waiting room and veterinary office in connection. The new building will be completed by July 1st, making one of the best equipped livery and feed barns in that part of Eau Claire County.



© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.


Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.


Become a Clark County History Buff


Report Broken Links

A site created and maintained by the Clark County History Buffs
and supported by your generous donations.


Webmasters: Leon Konieczny, Tanya Paschke,

Janet & Stan Schwarze, James W. Sternitzky,

Crystal Wendt & Al Wessel