Harry Eide's Cheese Factory
Harry Eide operated a cheese factory on this parcel of land before Bymer, Schroder, and Ludwig Johnson.
Ludwig Johnson moved from Polaska, Wis. in January 1923, and purchased the factory from Bymer Schroder. In 1926, the residence near the factory burned down, and a new home was erected the same year.
In 1928, the factory was torn down and a new one was erected. Gus Heinrich was the head carpenter, and this new facility was completed in the same year.
In 1946, Mr. Johnson sold the factory to Clayton George, and in a year or so, the factory was closed as a milk receiving station.
A few years later, the St. Stephens Parish bought the house from this property and moved it on the church property just north of Chili, Wis., on Highway Y.
Ludwig Johnson's Store in Chili, Wisconsin is pictured below. The Harry Eide's Cheese Factory was later sold to Bymer who sold to Schroder who sold to Ludwig Johnson.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs