Neillsville-American Store Dairy
The American Stores Dairy Co., which bought the Zbinden factory several months ago has since used it as a receiving station for milk. The plant was closed Jan. 1, 1930 and all will be patrons hereafter delivering milk at the Condensary. This was done as a matter of economy, saving considerable expense in operating the plant.
----Source: Clark Co. News, Jan. 1880.
Picture below was taken about 1940 and features the American store Dairy which was located along Eighth and Hewett Streets on the south bank of O'Neill Creek in Neillsville, Wisconsin. Some farmers delivered their filled milk cans daily. The filled cans were placed on a conveyor track which carried the milk cans into the building to be emptied, rinsed and then placed on an exit conveyor, to be loaded back on the trucks. Later, "pick-up" routes were instituted and the milk was trucked to the facility by the factory.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs