School: York, Lone Elm Elementary (1861)
Contact: Millie Lee
----Sources: This photo was
from the collection of Mrs. Sarah E. Becker
School District Founded in 1861--Built on the site of the the Lone Elm School in the town of Lincoln, the school taught in 1893 and 1894 by Miss Libbie Miller was the third such structure erected in North Wood county's oldest district. Included among the pupils shown in the above picture is the youngest daughter of S. L. Nason, who came with his two brothers to Clark County, WI, in 1856 and built the first house in the community named for them. Identification of the children and adults on this picture were made as follows: BACK ROW, left to right--Otto Bulgrin, Mary Schubert, Herman Bugrin, Louis Schubert, Edwin J. Hahn, Miss Libbie Miller, Gustav Bulgrin, Gyneth Lee, Dell Peck and Adelaide Eastman, CENTER ROW, same order--Burhardt Breseman, Earl Cattanach, Peter Schubert, Charles Bulgrin, Lila Cattanach, Echo Nason, Calpernia Rustad, Edward Eastman, Linn Cattanach, and Gussie Peck. FRONT ROW in same order--Roy Breseman, Max Lee, Guy Lee, Maurice Rustad, Alma Schubert, Lillian Breseman, Ethel Eastman, Ida Donnerbauer, and Sarah (Essie) Cattanach. .
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs