BioM: Young, Pauline (June 21, 1939)
Contact: Shari Hahn
Surnames: Franz, Young, Ellickson, Pace, Johnson, Neverdahl
----Source: Personal news article collection of Millie Lee
Tall baskets of pink and white garden flowers and lighted tapers decorated Our Savior's Lutheran Church at Stanley when Miss Pauline YOUNG, eldest daughter of Mr. and Mrs. John YOUNG, Stanley, became the bride of Ray H. FRANZ, Colby. The Rev. J.N. MIDTLEIN officiated at the double ring ceremony which took place June 21 at 4 o'clock.
The bride, who entered on the arm of her father, was attired in a white linen shantung suit, worn with a white turban and accessories and a corsage of orchids.
Her only attendant was her sister, Miss Naomi YOUNG, who wore a suit of dusty pink with matching turban and a corsage of gardenias and swansonia.
The groom was attended by Sam ELLICKSON Jr., of Madison. Miss Mary YOUNG, another sister of the bride, presided at the pipe organ, playing the "Bridal Chorus" from "Lohengrin". Mendelssohn's wedding march was played as the recessional.
Before the ceremony a solo, "Because" was sung by Miss Carol FRANZ of Colby, and "O Perfect Love" was sung by a trio, the Misses Dorothy PACE, Wanda JOHNSON and Jean NEVERDAHL.
The mother of the bride wore a gown of old rose silk crepe with white accessories, and the groom's mother was attired in black net over taffeta with black and white accessories. Both wore corsages of sweet peas and sweetheart roses.
After the ceremony a wedding dinner was served in the church parlors to immediate relatives and friends. The tables were beautifully decorated with cut flowers and lighted candles.
Both bride and groom were graduated from the Colby High School with the class of 1934. The bride attended St. Paul Lutheran.....
(Transcriber's note: Unfortunately, the balance of the article was cut off)
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs