BioM: Volkmar, Melinda (1924)
Surnames: VOLKMAR REIL LEHRMANN UHLIG
----Source: WEEKLY CLARION (Dorchester, Clark Co, WI) 11/28/1924
Volkmar, Melinda (12 NOV 1924)
Miss Melinda Volkmar, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. William Volkmar, was united in marriage to John A. Reil, son of Mr. and Mrs. Joe Reil, at 2 o'clock the afternoon of Wednesday, Nov. 12, 1924, at St. John's Church at Colby, Rev. Mueller officiating.
Florence Volkmar, a sister of the bride, acted as bridesmaid and Agnes Lehrmann, a cousin of the bride, acted as maid of honor, while the groom's attendants were a brother and a cousin of the bride, Oscar Volkmar and George Uhlig, respectively.
The bride was beautifully attired in a brown satin faced crepe trimmed with fur and carried a bouquet of pink and white carnations and ferns.
The bridesmaid and maid of honor were both dressed in tan silk canton crepe and carried bouquets of pink carnations and white pompoms.
After the ceremony the company went to the home of the bride's parents, the rooms of which were prettily decorated with streamers of pink and white crepe paper. There they all partook of a bounteous wedding dinner and spent a very pleasant time together.
Those present besides the immediate family were Mr. and Mrs. Gust Uhlig and family, Dorchester, Mrs. Richard Prothers and daughter, Ashland, Mrs. Louis Brahm, Mr. and Mrs. Alfred Herman and family, Mrs. Gust Herman, Mr. Gustave Hermann and Rev. Mueller, all of Colby, Mr. and Mrs. Trester and family and Miss Ella Kerner of Curtiss, Mr. and Mrs. George Reil and Mr. and Mrs. Archambo and family of Abbotsford.
Mr. and Mrs. Reil took a wedding trip to Boone, Iowa, expecting to be gone about two weeks, after which time they will be at home to their friends on the groom's farm. The Clarion joins their many friends in wishing them the best life has for them.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs