Obit: Church, Austin K. (1848 - 1928)
Contact: Audrey Roedl
Surnames: CHURCH WEAVER
----Source: LOYAL TRIBUNE (Loyal, Clark County, Wis.) 01/03/1929
Church, Austin K. (13 NOV 1848 - 22 DEC 1928)
Austin K. Church, pioneer resident of Clark Co., passed away at his home in this village on Saturday Dec. 22, 1928, after an illness of a few weeks.
He was the son of Joseph and Eliza Church and was born at North Hadley, Mass., Nov. 13, 1848. When a young child he came with his parents to Dodge County, where he lived until 1881 when he came to Loyal, buying 80 acres of wild land in section 1, Loyal Township.
He was married May 5, 1883, to Miss Mary E. Weaver and they took up their residence on this farm. A year later they sold and moved to this village, residing here for several years, after which he bought the 80 acre farm one-half mile west of the village where he resided until 1917. Since that time Mr. and Mrs. Church have lived in the village. During his residence here he has been closely associated with the public life of this vicinity and has held many offices of trust and honor. He was village treasurer for 5 years, supervisor for 7 years and a member of the school board for 25 years, only of late resigning the latter office. Mr. Church was a successful farmer, a man of sound and reliable judgment, making him a valuable and dependable person for any public office.
He was a great lover of his home, of a retiring nature. And had many friends but none who could be called an enemy.
He is survived by his wife, two sons, Fred of Loyal, Lynn of Detroit, two grand children, two sisters, one brother, besides other relatives.
The funeral services, which were largely attended, was held on Wednesday afternoon at 2 o’clock from the local Methodist Church, Rev. G. C. Wadding officiating Interment was in the Pine Grove Cemetery.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs