News: Humbird Enterprise 7-20-1912
Contact: Vickie

----Source: Humbird Enterprise Date: 7-20-1912

Mrs. P. A. Hemmy received a severe shock from lightning that struck near their home. She had stepped outside to place a washboiler under eave-spout and had just released her hold on the boiler when a blinding flash came. Part of the current struck the boiler, passed through her body, and then onto the kitchen range where it burned itself out with a hissing sound. Mrs. Hemmy reeled and was caught by Mr. Hemmy as she lost consciousness. A physician was summoned but she recovered before his arrival, and feld no bad effects except a numbness of her arms and felt. That she escaped instant death appears a miracle. It is hoped that there will be no lasting effects from the experience. No damage whatever was done to the house by the bolt which appeared to be the last one of afternoon's storm.



© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.


Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.


Become a Clark County History Buff


Report Broken Links

A site created and maintained by the Clark County History Buffs
and supported by your generous donations.


Webmasters: Leon Konieczny, Tanya Paschke,

Janet & Stan Schwarze, James W. Sternitzky,

Crystal Wendt & Al Wessel