Obit: Mech, Alma
Helen (1923 - 1995)
Contact: Dolores Mohr Kenyon
----Sources: Clark County Press (Neillsville, Clark County, Wis.)
ALMA HELEN MECH
Alma Helen Mech, age 72, Stratford, WI, passed away at 8:25 p.m., Oct. 13, 1995 at Bethel Nursing Home Town of Richfield, Wood County, WI.
Funeral services will be at 11 a.m., Wed. Oct. 18, 1995 at the Gesche Funeral Home in Neillsville. Officiating will be the Rev. Kenneth Moberg, of the Highland Community Church in Wausau. Pallbearers will be friends and relatives of the family. Burial will be in the Neillsville City Cemetery.
Alma was born Jan. 22, 1923 to William Beyer and Helen Thoma in the town of Pine Valley, Clark County, Wisconsin. She married Melvin Mech on Jan. 4, 1941, in Iowa. She received her education at Hillside School and Neillsville High School, in Neillsville.
Alma did post graduate work in Neillsville and after her education, she met and married Melvin Mech. They lived in various states including Florida and Texas, but most of their married life was spent in Wisconsin.
While they lived in Neillsville she was a charter member of Calvary Lutheran Church, its women's group and its choir. While Mrs. Mech was primarily a homemaker she also was an oil photo colorist and retoucher. She worked for two years as a dental assistant and later obtained her life underwriters license and became office manager of the family insurance business. She also won various awards for her poetry writing. She entered Bethel Nursing Home in August of 1995.
Surviving Alma is her husband; two sons: Dennis (Trudy) Mech of Alberquerque, NM, William (Diane) Mech of Wausau, one daughter, Helen (Tom) Seipel of Sun Prairie; seven grandchildren and three step grandchildren; two sisters: Vivian Horehled of Neillsville, and Marian (Arvid) Berger of Neillsville; four nieces and four nephews.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs