BioM: Woempner, Leonora (1927)
Surnames: WOEMPNER HARDRATH DAELLENBACH
----Source: WEEKLY CLARION (Dorchester, Clark Co, WI) 09/09/1927
Woempner, Leonora (7 SEP 1927)
Miss Leonora, only daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Carl G. Woempner of the town of Mayville, Clark County, Wis., and Mr. Roy Hardrath of Unity, Wis., were united in marriage at the St. Peter Lutheran Church her in the village at 2:30 o'clock Wednesday, Sept. 7, 1927, by Rev. J. Brandt, using the double ring ceremony.
The bride was beautifully attired in a white silk flat crepe creation with wreath and veil and carried a lovely bouquet of roses, sweet peas and ferns, while the groom wore a suit of powder blue.
The bridesmaids were Miss Bertha Hardrath, sister of the groom, attired in a pea green, georgette crepe gown, and Miss Martha Daellenbach, cousin of the bride, gowned in queen blue. Both maids wore wreaths of daisies and carried beautiful bouquets of gladioli.
The flower girl was Miss Caroline Hardrath, a cousin of the groom, and was very prettily dressed in a pink crepe de chein. She carried a large basket of daisies, gladioli and dahlias, which she scattered along the aisle in front of the wedding party as they advanced to the alter.
The best men were Mr. Fred Hardrath, brother of the groom, and Mr. Arnold Woempner, brother of the bride. Both gentlemen wore suits of gray.
Following the ceremony at the church the bridal party autoed to Medford for wedding pictures.
An elaborate five o'clock wedding dinner was served to a large company of guests at the home of the bride's parents and the evening was spent in singing and music.
The young couple was well remembered with numerous beautiful presents and will make their home on the groom's farm near Unity.
The Clarion joins with the fiends in offering congratulations and well wishes to the happy young folks.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs