School: Colby High School (Class 1931 - 60th 1991)
Contact: Crystal Wendt
----Sources: Scrap book one: by Elsa Lange Hardrath & Dorthaleen Edwards Hardrath
Contributed by Halbert "Bud" Hardrath
CLASS OF 1931 REUNITES
The Colby High School Class of 1931 held its 60th class reunion at the Redwood Supper Club, Unity, June 26.
Planning committee members were Ruth (Smart) Loughead, Louella (Ladwig) Krauter and Mayme (Bandow) Kilty.
A social hour was held from 4-5 p.m., followed by dinner. Master of ceremonies was George Sterzinger. The evening opened with a prayer and the pledge of allegiance. There was a moment of silence with silent prayer for those classmates who have passed away. They are: Richard Hette, Gertrude (Ortl) Podalatto, Florence (Thorn) Weetz, Margurite Schultz; Madelyn (Brehm) Gries, Elroy Tesner, Walter Blish and Roland Brehm.
On May 19, 1931 27 classmates graduated. The class motto is "No Evening But Dawn," the class flower the white rose, and the class colors are gray and blue.
Correspondence was read from Mildred Fuller, Verna (Lube) Reich, Ruth (Amundson) Sinclair, Ruth (Harter) Anderson and Janice Blish. A poem was read by Louella Krauter and discussion was held on the comparison of school in 1931 and schools of today.
Pictures of the class prom king and queen and also the class play of 1931 and other memorabilia were on display.
The ten classmates attending the reunion were: Fred Zassenhaus of Colby, Louella (Ladwig) Krauter of Colby, Ruth (Smart) Loughead of Abbotsford, Mildred Engeldow Fuller of New London, Mr. and Mrs. Ray Brehm of Colby, Mayme (Bandrow) Kilty of Abbotsford, Marie Brehm of Colby, Mr. and Mrs. George Sterzinger of Colby, and Alice (Rohr) Burhap of Owen.
Guests present were Kathy Cattanach of Owen, and Mrs. Raymond Decker of Colby.
The next reunion will be held June 24, 1992.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs