Photo: Neillsville, WI-Fourth Street Theater (1876)
FOURTH STREET THEATER--NEILLSVILLE, WI This place of amusement was erected by a private fire company in 1876, and called "Fireman's Hall." In 1885 the building was moved onto Fourth Street, and the name of the popular place of amusement was changed to its present title. It is lighted by electric lights, and has ample stage room and tasty scenery. The upper story constitutes a gallery. The capacity of the hall is 600. The ceiling is high, nicely decorated, and with ample ventilation makes it comfortable for spectators to witness amusement or indulge in dancing. The hall proper is on the ground floor. The theater is owned by a stock company, consisting of J. W. Hommel, the manager, and C. C. Sniteman, H. W. Klopf, R. F. Kountz and the two Lowe Brothers.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs