Obit: Hamre, George A. (1882 - 1918)
Surnames: HAMRE TAYLOR
----Source: GREENWOOD GLEANER (Greenwood, Wis.) 01/10/1918
Hamre, George A. (25 MAR 1882 - 2 JAN 1918)
George Alfred Hamre, a highly respected young man of the city of Greenwood, Clark County, Wis., has lost the unequal struggle of death, and passed peacefully away Wednesday morning, Jan. 2, 1918.
He was an honest industrious young man, and labored for the welfare of those around him. Though he conflicted with disease he bore his cross patiently and bravely. He endeared himself to those around him by his bright, cheerful, and uncomplaining disposition. He enjoyed life, and made an unequal struggle as the malady was heart trouble. "Oh God: how mysterious and how strange are Thy ways to take from us this loved one in the best of days."
Besides the bereaved parents the following sisters are left to mourn the sad loss of a tender and affectionate brother, Emma J. and Laura at home, Florence L. at Chippewa Falls, Wis., Mrs. A.J. Taylor, Granville, N.D., Lida E. at home.
The funeral was held from the home and Lutheran Church on Saturday, Han. 5, 1918, and was attended largely by relatives and friends.
The floral offerings were beautiful and spoke in their silent language of love and esteem. Mrs. F. Horn, Mrs. R. Woelfe, and Rev. Kleppe sang sweetly and tenderly the selections of the Christians undying hopes. Rev. Kleppe read the burial ritual of the Norwegian Lutheran Church and preached a memorial sermon from the Book of Peter, 1: 24-25. The remains were laid to rest in the Greenwood Cemetery, where so many, young and old, have found a last resting place in God’s acre.
Those from out of town who attended the funeral were Mr. A.J. Tyvand of Barton, N.D., Reuben and Raymond Gullick of Dodgeville, Wis., and Miss Lizzie Tyvand of Los Angeles, Cal.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs