Obit: Phillippi, Mary (1860 - 1906)
Surnames: PHILLIPPI BRAUN PHILLIPI
----Source: THORP COURIER (Thorp, Clark County, Wis.) 10/11/1906
Phillippi, Mary (17 MAR 1860 - 7 OCT 1906)
Died, at her home in this village (Thorp, Clark County, Wis.) on Sunday, Oct. 7, 1906, of dropsy and heart disease, Mary, wife of Peter Phillippi, aged 46 years, 6 months and 10 days.
Mary Braun was born at St. Joseph, Fond du Lac County, Wis., on March 17, 1860, a daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Mathew Bran, and at the age of seventeen was united in marriage with Peter Phillippi, at St. John's. for several years they resided at Hilbert Junction, moving to this place about six years ago. The untimely removal of Mrs. Phillippi by the iron hand of death is an unspeakable loss, not only to the bereaved husband and children, but to the church of her choice, and to her immediate circle of friends. An ideal wife and mother, she made her home ideal, filling it with an atmosphere of love and tenderness. Faithful, devoted and unselfish in her sphere as wife and mother, she has left behind her an example worthy of imitation. Mrs. Phillippi has been an invalid for over a year past, and Sunday morning without warning the messenger of death silently crossed the threshold and beckoned from the home circle the loved wife and mother, and her gentle spirit took its flight to the unseen shore across the mystic river. Besides the husband, Peter Phillippi, she leaves to mourn her departure, six children, Matt, Anna, John, Willie, Nora and Vila, an aged father and step-mother, three brothers and three sisters.
Funeral services were held at St. Bernard's Catholic Church on Wednesday morning, Rev. A Arentz officiating, after which the remains, accompanied by relatives and friends, were conveyed to Boyd, where other relatives lie buried, for interment.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs