News: Thorp Courier (30 May 2001)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ THORP COURIER dated 5/30/01
100 YEARS AGO...
New sidewalk owners are H.F. Hudson, Alb. Blank and H.A. Cutler.
Roy Heagle completed a year of teaching at Curtiss last Friday.
Mr & Mrs. Aug. Walsdorf had a son on the 21st.
Chas. F. Banderob and Katherine Gassel were wed in Mosinee.
Albert Kulpeck and Mary Pribbenow were wed on June 5th.
Wm. Kenney is building a new barn.
Allie Wright and Friedrich Schmidt were wed May 25th.
75 YEARS AGO...
Mr & Mrs. Nick Siedorowicz had a son May 16th.
Mr & Mrs. Dick Paap had a daughter on May 23rd.
Stanley Laszuk sold his farm to Peter Wnek.
A.G. Rasmussen completed his garage and plumbing shop.
Geo. Craig is digging a basement and layup a stone wall for his home.
Citizens Military Training Camp are R. Kocher, Chas. Klouda, Leland Albert, Jerome Gurholt, Earl Boardman and Jos. Kperski.
50 YEARS AGO...
Ted Meyer, owner of the Thorp Electric Motor Service shop bought Carl Klouda’s estate.
John Barski, Sr. age 88, died May 10th.
Mr & Mrs. Fred Hillery had a son on May 16th.
Mr & Mrs. Donald Hoffman of Chicago had a daughter on May 17th.
Mr & Mrs. Wilfred Brenner had a daughter on May 14th.
25 YEARS AGO...
Anna Melbinger, age 91 of Owen, died May 24th.
Michael Kotcon, age 24 died.
10 YEARS AGO...
Grace Staffeil, age 60, died May 23rd.
Alma (Holzhausen) Roberts, died May 18th in Granada Hills, CA.
Tammy Williams and Lester Larson were wed April 27th in Medford.
Tim & Shannon Natzke had a son on May 14th.
Patrick and Darlene Bauer, had a son on May 16th.
Mike & Linda Jordan of Dundee, IL had a son on May 11th.
OLD PICTURE: 5 gentlemen at I believe a bbq. May 16th - David Kile Sr. in 1945-46 May 23rd - Ford garage owned by Frank Winiarczyk in the early 1950s.
OBITUARIES: WILCZEK, Frank J 9/11/1909 - 5/24/2001
(Parents: Steven and Josephine Wilczek; spouse: Rose Powszukiewicz) VICTORY, George Joseph 2/27/1913 - 5/23/2001
(Parents: Paul & Mary (Klacik); spouse: Julia
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs