BioM: Koch, Edna (Marriage - 1913)
Surnames: KOCH KRAUSE KOPLITZ PAGEL THIEL
----Source: Thorp Courier (Thorp, Clark County, Wis.) 06/05/1913
Koch, Edna (Marriage - 28 MAY 1913)
A pleasant affair took place May 28, 1913, when Miss Edna Koch and Mr. Fred Krause, both of the town of Reseburg, Clark County, Wis., were united in marriage. The ceremony was performed in the German Lutheran Church by the Rev. Schwertfeger promptly at 2 o'clock p.m. in the presence of a large gathering of relatives and friends. Miss Alma Koch acted as maid of honor and Wm. Krause as best man. Elsa Krause and Frank Koch as second couple, Mary Koch and Wm. Pagel as third couple and Frances Koplitz and Charles Thiel as fourth couple. The bride was dressed in cream charmeuse satin and carried cream roses. Alma and Mary Koch wore white voile. Elsa Krause wore white brocaded silk and Frances Koplitz whit marquisette. The bridesmaids carried pink and white carnations and ferns. The groom wore the conventional black and the groomsmen dark blue. A reception followed at the home of the bride's parents, where over 300 guests were served a sumptuous repast. The tables were decorated with smilax, carnations and roses. After supper Rivers Orchestra furnished excellent music, which promptly set the young peoples feet to motion and some of the older ones, and in spite of the continuous downpour of rain, danced until the wee small hours of the morning. The guests from away were: Mary Koch of Freeport, Ill., Emma Offenheiser of Pearl City, Ill., Conrad Koeller of Clintonville, Wis. They received many presents consisting of silverware, furniture, linen, etc. The young couple is well and favorably known and their many friends wish them a happy and prosperous journey through life.
They will for a short time make their home at the Krause farm until their house, which is now under construction, is completed.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs