Tidbits ( 1 May 1873)
----Source: Clark County Republican & Press Date: 5-1-1873
Never in its history has the future of our pleasant village looked brighter than at present. A marked improvement was visible last season, but the present will witness a greater one. Buildings are going up and additions being made, giving matters even this early a lively and prosperous appearance. Several fine private residences are projected, among which is a brick one on Prospect street by F. A. Lee. Also on same street a large frame house, with glass cupola. Dr. Lacey’s fine building on the north side is being pushed to completion. This is in one of the most pleasant portions of the village. L. B. Gallaher is making an addition to his property. A. W. Lynn is about to commence the erection of a large building on Main street for an express office, with a hall overhead which has been rented in advance by the Good Templars. Breed & Everly will have their new hall ready for occupancy soon. It supplies a long felt need, and is a marked and valuable addition to our place. One the north side several houses are being built. A few more in that direction will connect us with Staffordville, and then who shall say we have not a village three miles long?
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs