Obit: Shupe, Henry
(1838? - 2 MAR 1905)
Surnames: SHUPE WATERMAN NELSON
----Source: LOYAL TRIBUNE (Loyal, Clark County, Wis.) 03/09/1905
Shupe, Henry (1838? - 2 MAR 1905)
Henry Shupe died at the home of his daughter, Mrs. Fred Nelson, on March 2, 1905.
Mr. Shupe was born in Pennsylvania 66 years ago and with his parents came to Wisconsin and settled in Milwaukee Co. in the forties, where he grew to manhood. He then married and engaged in farming in Fond du Lac Co., from there he came to Clark County, Wis. about twenty-four years ago, buying land in the Romaine settlement in the town of Beaver, where he and his family commenced clearing away the forest and commenced building a home. With the other first settlers he underwent the hardships and privations incident to developing a new country, which are unknown to the present generation.
Mr. Shupe was a man of sterling qualities and respected and trusted by his neighbors and townsmen. Four times he was elected to the office of town treasurer, filling it with credit to himself and the town by hard work, industry and economy. He acquired enough of this world's goods to enable him to retire from farm life and two years ago this spring he moved to the village of Loyal, and built a neat and comfortable residence.
During the fore part of December of last year he suffered an attack of stomach trouble, a disesae he had suffered with a great deal in his younger days, which resulted in his death as stated above. He is survived by four children, two sons, Ed and Elmer, residents and farmers of the town of Beaver, and two daughters, Mrs. Nelson Walterman and Mrs. Fred Nelson, residing in the village of Loyal.
The funeral was held at the M. E. Church Friday afternoon, J. A. Hill officiating. The remains were interred at Dodgeville by the side of his wife, who preceded him six years ago.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs