& Phillips' Planning Mill (1892)
Contact: Dee Zimmerman
----Source: Clark County News: Nov. 1892; Compiled by Dee Zimmerman for her weekly column "The Good Ole Days" published Nov. 13, 2002.
Free and Phillips' new planning mill located on the lot they bought from H. N. Withee, north of O'Neill Creek, on Grand Avenue, is enclosed and roofed with steel roofing. It is considerably larger than the building they have been occupying and will be much more convenient. The lease an their former location expired in August but they stand well to be able to fill orders and contracts. They will continue filling the lumber orders until they have been completed, 'one among which is the North building at the comer of Hewett and Sixth Streets. They expect to get moved in two months. James Hewett owns the old mill building and the lot it is on.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs