Contact: Allan Wessel
----Source: Family Records
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA: PETITION FOR NATURALIZATION
To the Honorable Circuit Court of Clark County of Neillsville, Wisconsin the petition of MATT BOLF, hereby filed, respectfully shows:
(1) My place of residence is Greenwood, Clark Co., Wis
(2) My occupation is Farmer
(3) I was born in Dolince, Austria on March 28, 1887, My race is Croatian
(4) I declared my intention to become a citizen of the United States on June 11, 1934 in the District Court of McKinley County, at Gallup, New Mexico
(5) I am married. The name of my wife is Katrine, we were married on August 14, 1911 at Allison, New Mexico; she was born at Dolince, Austria on April 12, 1891; entered the United States at New York, N.Y. on October 28, 1911 for permanent residence therein, and no resides at Greenwood, Wisconsin. I have 9 children and the name, date and place of birth, and place of residence of each of said children are as follows: Mike, Sept. 11, 1913; Katherine, Nov. 12, 1918; Mary, Mar 11, 1916; Annie, Sept. 21, 1920; Frances, May 3, 1923; Matt, Dec 10, 1926;Tony, Sept. 1, 1929; Johnny, Apr. 9, 1933; and Delores, Nov. 12, 1936. First seven born ag Gallup, New Mexico. Latter two born at Greenwood, Wi. All resides at Greenwood, Wisconsin .
(6) My last foreign residence was Dolince, Austria, I emigrated to the United States of America from Havre, France, my lawful entry for permanent residence in the United States was New York, N.Y., under the name of Matija, Bolf on Oct. 28, 1909, on the vessel SS "Chicago" as shown by the certificate of my arrival attached hereto.
(7) I am not a disbeliever in or opposed ot organized government or a member of or affiliated with any organization or body of persons teaching disbelief in or opposed to organized government. I am not a polygamist nor a believer in the practice of polygamy. I am attached to the principles of the Constitution of the United States and well disposed to the good order and happiness of the United States. It is my intention to become a citizen of the United States and to renounce absolutely and forever all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign price, potentate, state or sovereignty, and particularyly to Peter II, King of Yugoslavia of whom (which) at this time I am a subject (for citizen), and it is my intention to reside permanently in the United States.
(8) I am able to speak the English language.
(9) I have resided continuously in the United States of America for the term of 5 years at least, immediately preceding the date of this petition, to wit, since October 28, 1909 and in the County of Clark this State, continuously next preceding the date of this petition, since April, 1931, being a residence within said county of at least 6 months next preceding the date of this petition.
I, Matt Bolf, do swear (affirm, that I know the contents of this petition for naturalization subscribed by me, that the same are true to the best of my own knowledge, except as to matters therein stated to be alleged upon information and belief, and that as to those matters, I believe them to be true, and that this petition was signed by me with my full true name: SO HELP ME GOD.
/S/ MATT BOLF
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs