Contact: Carolyn Rickert
Bio: Fresenborg, Bernhard M. (1895 - 2000)
Surnames: Fresenborg, Korn
----Source: Fresenborg Family Records
REV. FRESENBORG AND FAMILY
Rev. Fresenborg was pastor of Zion and Immanuel Evangelical Reformed Churches in
Greewood, Wisconsin. He began his work in the fall of 1941.
Bernhard M. Fresenborg was born June 29, 1895 in Jemgum, Ostfriesland, Germany. In 1908, he and his family immigrated to Butler County, Iowa near relatives of Mrs. Fresenborg. He graduated from Mission House College and Seminary, Plymouth, Wisconsin. He did post graduate work at Oberlin School of Theology in Oberlin, Ohio. He was ordained in 1928 at St. Paul's Reformed Church in Wheatland, Iowa and served there until 1935.
From 1935 to 1939 he served the Philipps and Helvetia Evangelical & Reformed Churches in rural Washington County, Oregon. Edna Korn was born and raised in the Helvetia Church and became his wife in 1937. In 1939 they moved to Delmont, South Dakota and served the town church there as well as a country church, until 1941. From 1941 to 1951 he served the Zion Evangelical & Reformed Church in Greenwood, Wisconsin and at the same time the rural "Braun Settlement" Church and for some time the "Hoard Township" church. In the summer of 1951 the family moved to Sheboygan County, Wisconsin where he served the Silver Creek, Beechwood, and Boltonville Evangelical & Reformed churches until 1957. At that time, they moved to rural Carmi, Illinois to serve the UCC church until 1960 when he retired and moved to Florida.
Rev. Fresenborg died in Tampa, Florida on Sep. 9 1974. Mrs. Fresenborg died in the UCC Cedar Lake Home in rural West Bend, Wisconsin on January 8, 2000. They are buried together outside Tampa, Florida. They had 3 daughters, Beverly, Carmen, and Deanne and 6 grandchildren.
***Written by Carolyn (Carmen Fresenborg) Rickert
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs