News: The Clark
Republican and Press 11-16-1882
----Source: The Clark Republican and Press Date: 11-16-1882
The street lamp put up at the O’Neill House corner by John Carhart and the one in front of Bruley’s, shed considerable light on Main street, and if a few more of the business houses on that street would follow their example, there would be an abundance of light, tending to give the place a metropolitan appearance as well as being a decided benefit to the public.
Merrillan Notes: The question of Rev. Mr. Fullmer’s location here has been settled, and he will occupy a part of Geo. Purnell’s house. Mr. F. has created a very favorable impression our people, and his work here is sure to be crowned with success.
P.S. Miller, proprietor of Miller’s Exchange, has been building and fixing and furnishing his hotel ever since he purchased it, until now he has everything in ship-shape, equal to the best, pleasant rooms, handsomely papered, carpeted and furnished, neat and tasty beds, and everything to make the stay of the traveler agreeable. His business is increasing rapidly and promises soon to make necessary another addition to this house.
The emigration to the woods is gaining strength daily, and all the trains headed for the pine forests are crowded. There is promise of a big winter’s work.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs