News: The Clark
Republican and Press 11-22-1883
----Source: The Clark Republican and Press Date: 11-22-1883
It is rumored that Mr. E. Black is going back to Lake Mills, his former home. His departure will make a sad vacancy in our social circle.
School was to have commenced in the Huntley district with week, but owing to the fact that diphtheria was in the neighborhood it was postponed indefinitely.
Leonard Frank is going to raise a barn this week.
Sereno Wren has returned to his saw mill for the first time since haying. We are told he is going to have both of his engines in the mill, and will be prepared to rush out a thousand feet of lumber on short notice.
According to their ancient customs the Germans of this City and vicinity will celebrate Christmas at Fireman’s Hall on Christmas eve.
Louis J. Rossman has opened the Rossman Saloon on the North Side. A free lunch is served every morning. His stock consists of choice wines, liquors and cigars.
Operator George Hart has removed the telegraph office, and James Hewett his business office to the office of R. J. MacBride, in the second story of the Hewett block.
M. M. Post, who lately kept the Freeman House at Black River Falls, is now proprietor of the North Side Hotel, and opens with a full house.
Wm. Aldrich has moved his barber shop from the basement of the Bruley block to the O’Neill building.
W. J. Krauss, now the only cigar manufacturer in the city, has removed to his new rooms in the Gates block .F. D. Lindsay has removed his business office to rooms in the O’Neill block.
Sam Dixon and C. C. Edwards have removed their barber shop into the basement of the Bruley shop into the basement of the Bruley block, and everything about the room is as clean as a new pin.
Daniel Gates writes that he thinks the climate of Georgia will be contusive to his health, and that he is enjoying the change.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs