Obit: DuPont, Ida (1865 - 1944)
----Source: Unkknown newspaper, 1944
Mrs. Ida Dupont
Ida Sophia Dupont was born Aug. 24, 1865 in Milwaukee, to John and Caroline Maves. The deceased moved to this part of the state with her parents when a small child and spent most of her life around and near Fairchild. In April 1886, she was united in marriage to John A. Dupont at Neillsville. One year was lived in Howard, North Datoka and about six years in La Crosse and vicinity where Mr. Dupont was engaged in the logging business and in this profession he was most efficient. A farm home was purchased in April 1900, in Jackson County, and continued to be their home for a number of years. Mr. Dupont passed away in February 1916, leaving nine children, some of them quite young at the time. Mrs. Dupont continued to farm with the help of her children until her health began to fail, whereupon she retired to the village of Fairchild. She had the misfortune to fracture her hip about five years ago and although the fracture healed nicely for one of her years, she continued to fail in health until her death, Jan 26, 1944, in Fairchild, at the age of 78 years. Nine children mourn the passing of their mother. They are: Louis, of B. R. Falls: Violetta Powers and Miss Carrie, of Eau Claire; John, Archie, Louisa Nelson, Polly Swenson and Mable Olson, all of Fairchild; Lottie Dunn, of Gary, Ind. Two sisters survive, Mrs. Elizabeth Schlichter of Fairchild, and Mrs. Delia Vanderproeg of Onalaska, and one brother, John Draheim, of Fairchild; Thirteen grandchild and two great-grand-children besides numerous other relatives and friends. The deceased was a home loving person, never caring to venture far away, and was most happy to have her children and friends visit her at all times. She will be greatly missed by all who knew her. The sympathy of all is extended to her family.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs