Obit: Herzberg, Louis F. (1877 - 1948)
Contact: Janet Rogalski
Surnames: HERZBERG BLUNCK ANDERSON
----Source: Stark Family Album
Herzberg, Louis F. (31 MAR 1877 - 7 JUL 1948)
Louis Frederick Herzberg was born on a farm in Marion Township, South Dupont, Wis. on March 31, 1877. He spent his childhood helping his parents on the farm. When 17 years of age he started work for W. Binkleman of Marion in the hardware store and as apprentice in the tin shop. After finishing his three years of training he accepted a position with T. O. Mosher at Thorp, April 1897. In the fall of 1898 he went into partnership with Charley Sheldon in the hardware business, later taking over the business alone.
In Dec. 1899 he was married to Mary Blunck. To this union 3 children were born, Karl, who now resides in Eau Claire; Selma (Mrs. C. S. Anderson) at Minneapolis; and Arnold who died at the age of six months.
Mr. Herzberg was a charter member of the Lutheran congregation of Thorp, which was started in Aug. 1898; was a member of the Thorp Village Board for a number of years.
Selling his business, he came to Owen and worked as Tinner for the Griebenow-Weirich Hardware Co., from 1918 until his health would not permit him to carry on.
He passed away at Luther Hospital at Eau Claire, Wis., July 7, 1948 and leaves to mourn his passing his wife, one son Karl and one daughter Selma, one grandson, Carl Anderson, and two granddaughters, Helen and Karol Herzberg.
Funeral services were conducted by Rev. Walter Schedler from the Withee St. John's Lutheran Church, of which he was a faithful member, on July 10, with burial at the family lot in the Thorp Village Cemetery.
A large number of relatives and friends from Wausau, Marion, Clintonville, Big Falls, Minneapolis, Weyawega, Almena and Thorp came to be in attendance at the funeral.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs