BioM: Hansen, Jean
Surnames: WINKEL HANSEN DAVIS GREGG DEBUSCH WESTERMAN
----Sources: Marshfield News Herald (Marshfield, Wis.) 05/12/1947
Hansen, Jean M.C. (26 APR 1947)
Wearing a white satin wedding gown, princess style, Miss Jean Marie Catherine Hansen, daughter of Mrs. Peter Hansen, Wabeno, former Greenwood (Clark Co., Wis.) residents, became the bride of Earl George Winkel, son of Mr. and Mrs. George Winkel, of Green Bay. The Rev. Edward Ockweija officiated at the nuptial service read April 26, 1947, at 9 a.m., in St. Ambrose Catholic Church at Wabeno.
The bride was given in marriage by her brother, Donald Hansen. Miss Bea Tallier sang "Ave Maria" at the offertory and the church choir sang "On This Day O Beautiful Mother" during communion.
A crown of seed pearls held the bride’s finger-tip veil and she carried a white prayer book and a pearl rosary, gifts from the groom, and a cluster of white carnations tied with white satin streamers.
Attendants were Mrs. James Davis, a sister, Miss Doris Hansen, and a cousin, Miss Joanne, Gregg, James Davis, Joe DeBusch, and Joe Westerman.
The bride’s attendants wore blue, pink and yellow taffeta frocks and matching ostrich plumes in their hair. They carried colonial nosegays of pink and white carnations and their pearls were gifts from the bride.
Mrs. Hansen was attired in a floral jersey print and had a corsage of American Beauty roses.
After the mass, breakfast was served to the bridal party at the rectory. The noon dinner was served to 49 guests at the high school clubrooms and an afternoon reception and evening supper were held at the home of the bride’s grandmother.
Mrs. Winkel was graduated from the Greenwood High School in 1946 and has been employed at Green Bay. They are residing at the Madison Apartments, 501 Cherry St., Apt. 22, Green Bay.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs