Dr./Mrs. William Albin (Golden - 1940)
Contact: Crystal Wendt
Surnames: Leason, Pitcher, Greisch, Crump, Bennett, Baer, Crothers
----Sources: Clark County Press (Neillsville, Clark County, Wis.) Thurs., 11 July 1940
Leason, Dr./Mrs. William Albin (Golden - 3 July 1940)
Wednesday, July 3, marked the fiftieth wedding anniversary of Dr. and Mrs. William Albin Leason of 143 North Hewett Street.
As a boy, Dr. Leason worked for his father in the Leason pump and windmill factory. Early in life he became interested in dentistry and, after the custom of the time, he studied this profession under Dr. H. A. Pitcher, later completing his course in Milwaukee. He established a practice at Plymouth, Wisconsin, where he remained for ten years, being the only dentist in that city.
On the third day of July, 1890, Dr. Leason was united in marriage to Miss Anna Greisch at the home of the groom’s grandfathers, William Caldwell, at Adell, Wis. The couple took a wedding trip to Milwaukee, but 45 miles distant, where they spent the day and had dinner at the old Republican House. Returning to Plymouth, they began housekeeping in a home which Dr. Leason had prepared for his bride.
In 1892 they came to Neillsville, purchasing a tract of land west of the city; Dr. Leason erected a fine set of farm buildings. For a number of years he carried on the farming operations successfully in addition to the dental practice which he established in Neillsville, Wis. Later the farm was sold to William Crump of Lake Mills and the Leason family moved to Neillsville, Wis. Dr. and Mrs. Leason have spent five winters in the west, visiting Hollywood, Santa Monica and Los Angeles, where Dr. Leason enjoyed fishing in the ocean. Throughout life, fishing and hunting have been almost as much a part of his daily routine as filing and extracting teeth, taking the time before and after office hours for these sports. During the winter months, Dr. Leason finds great pleasure in motion pictures, becoming personally acquainted with many of his favorite stars on his visits to Hollywood.
Dr. and Mrs. Leason have two children, Jess A., St. Paul, and Mrs. M. E. Bennett of Neillsville, and two grandchildren, Keith Bennett and Patricia Leason; one son, William Spencer, died at the age of eight months.
For about ten years, Dr. Leason was associated with George E. Crothers and F. J. Baer in the publishing business, operating under the firm name of The Neillsville Press Company, the son, Jess representing his father in the business.
Socially and in a business way, Dr. and Mrs. Leason have contributed much to the city of Neillsville and the surrounding territory. They are numbered among the community’s finest citizens.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs