Obit: Flagg, Mary E. (1864 - 1944)
Surnames: FLAGG SCHUCH BOSTWICK HATTON WEISENSEL WAKE
----Sources: Greenwood Gleaner (Greenwood, Clark Co., Wis.) 05/18/1944
Flagg, Mary E. (22 JAN 1864 - 12 MAY 1944)
Mary Eva Schuch, daughter of John and Josephine Schuch, was born in Prague, Austria, on Jan. 23, 1864 and passed away on May 12, 1944, after an illness of many years.
When a child of 6 years of age, her parents immigrated to America and settled in Watertown, Wis. She later went to Janesville where on March 31, 1885 she was married to Allison Flagg. They resided for many years there and here their three children were born.
In 1904 they moved to a farm 8 miles southwest of Greenwood (Clark Co., Wis.) in what is known as Janesville settlement, in the town of Eaton, where they have resided ever since and where they celebrated their golden wedding in 1935.
She is survived by her husband who is now in his 82nd year and because of ill health was unable to attend the funeral, one son Stryker, two daughters, Mrs. Chas. (Emma) Bostwick and Mrs. Clark (Myrtle) Hatton, all of the Town of Eaton, five grandchildren, Donald Hatton now in the armed forces; Mrs. Craig (Eva Hatton) , Asplin; Frank Hatton at Home; Mrs. Henry (Marion Flagg) Weisensel, Columbus; Mrs. Robert (Marjorie Flagg) Wake, Milwaukee; and 4 great-grandchildren, three brothers, Martin of Sioux Falls, S.D.; Frank and Henry of Sun Prairie; three sisters, Minnie of Chicago, Kate and Rose of Watertown. One sister, Barbara, and one brother, John, as well as her parents, preceded her in death.
Funeral services were held Monday May 15, at 2:00 p.m. from the Methodist Church. During the services Irene and Ilene Abbott sang "Jesus, Lover of My Soul", "What a Friend We Have in Jesus" and "Rock of Ages," her favorite hymns. They were accompanied by Mrs. John Meng. She was laid to rest in the Greenwood Cemetery, Rev. A.J. Abbott officiated.
The pallbearers were Harry Stafford, George Gemmeke, Dan Stafford, Evan Hatton, Roger Dillenbeck and Fred Drew.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs