BioM: Ullmann, Mabel (1941)
Contact: Crystal Wendt
Surnames: Ullmann, Sommers, Baumann, Griep, Stelter, Sievert, Brodhagen, Loisalle
----Sources: Clark County Press (Neillsville, Clark County, Wis.) Thurs., 23 Oct. 1941
Ullmann, Mabel (Marriage - 19 Oct. 1941)
Pink, blue, and white were the colors chosen by Miss Mabel Ullmann for her wedding, on Sunday, October 19, 1941, when she became the bride of Kermit Sommers at 2:30 that afternoon, Rev. William A. Baumann performing the ceremony at St. Johnís Lutheran Church, Neillsville, Wis.
An arrangement of huckleberry, Oregon fern, bouquets of flowers and candelabra served as the background. Blue, pink and white chiffon streamers were daintily draped from either side of the chancel to larger candelabra. A white runner, leading down the center aisle from the entranced door to the altar and two huge baskets of pompons competed the setting. The pews reserved for eighty invited guests were marked with pink, blue and white chiffon bows and streamers, a spray of pastel pink pompons being attached to the bows. In each window pews was placed a pure white candelabrums.
The bride and her attendants, Miss Clara Griep as maid of honor and her bridesmaids, Mrs. Elmer Ullmann and Miss Elaine Sommers, Marshfield, entered the church at the south and proceeded to the altar to the strains of a wedding march played by Erich Sievert, taking their places at the altar where they met by they meet by the groom and best man, Wilmer Ullmann, and by the pastor who preceded the single ring marriage service with an impressive talk. Miss Bertha Stelter and Mrs. Erich Sievert sang "Lord, Grant Thy Blessing," accompanied at the organ by Mr. Sievert.
Mrs. Sommers was attired in a gown of white slipper satin, styled with a long train, the lace inset down the front at either side of a row of satin covered buttons, representing the redingote style. Her finger-tip veil was draped from a white satin tiara. She wore white kid slippers and carried a shower of bouquet of white lilies and roses.
Miss Griep wore dusty rose silk jersey, sweetheart neckline, while Mrs. Ullmann and Miss Sommers wore dusty blue silk jersey. Their gowns were similarly styled. They wore dubonet headdresses and carried tiny dubonet velvet muffs lined with white satin. Streamers of matching color attached to bows at the neckline hung to the full length of the gowns, silver slippers completed the ensembles.
Delmar Brodhagen and Gilmore Loisalle, Marshfield, ushered in the guests. The brideís mother was dressed in a navy blue redingote gown, her corsage being made up of pink roses. Following the service, the wedding party and guests, about 35 of whom were from distant cities, retired to Chapmenís Cafť where places were laid for eighty guests. The tables, arranged T-shape, were beautifully decorated in pink, blue and white. A lovely four-tier wedding cake, the centerpiece at the brideís table, was topped with a basket of flowers, the container being fashioned of shirred satin. White candles in crystal holders also graced the head table. Bowls of flowers placed at intervals, decorated the guest table, pink and blue place cards and bridal napkins being used throughout.
The bride, daughter of Mrs. Lena Ullmann of this city, was graduated from the Owen High School. She was employed for three years in the office of Clark County highway department, being employed at present in the County treasurerís office.
Mr. Sommers, son of Herman Sommers, Marshfield, was graduated from Marshfield High School. He is located at Camp Livingston, La., for the present with the Anti-Tank Company, 128th Infantry.
The couple left for Madison on a wedding trip of about ten days. Mrs. Sommers wearing a plaid-tweed brown and tan tailored suit, with brown accessories, for traveling. Upon their return, the bride will continue her work here while her husband will return to his camp duties after the expiration of his furlough.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs