Obit: Muck, Gottlieb #2 (1835 - 1900)
Surnames: MUCK MILLER MELCHER
----Sources: NEILLSVILLE TIMES (Neillsville, Clark County, Wis.) 02/22/1900
Muck, Gottlieb #2 (6 MAR 1835 - 17 FEB 1900)
Gottlieb Muck died at his home on Pleasant Street Saturday, Feb. 17th, 1900, at 7 p.m. of heart failure. Nothing early in the day indicated that death was near. He was in good health and spirits, and had split a cord of wood for exercise during the afternoon. Getting hungry he went into the house and ate some homemade cheese, and a little later told his wife that he was sick, and to send for the doctor. Medical assistance arrived, but too late. Nothing could have prolonged his life.
Deceased was born March 6, 1835, at Bramboch, Saxony, Germany, and came to Jefferson, Wis., in the year 1852, where he made his home until 1889. He was married to Elizabeth Miller in 1855, at that city, where he raised a family of three sons and two daughters, Adolph, William, Peter, Mrs. Adam Melcher and Miss Ella. In ’89 he moved to a piece of land he owned in York (Clark Co., Wis.), this county, where he cleared some forty acres and remained until two or three years ago, when he moved to this city. Last year he sold the York farm. He had acquired considerable means, and led a peaceful retired life. His three brothers, formerly of Jefferson, are dead. The son William is cashier of the leading bank at Jefferson, Peter resides at Los Angeles, Calif., and the married daughter at Jefferson.
Funeral services were held at the house at 10:45 Monday forenoon by Rev. G.W. Longenecker, and the remains were shipped to Jefferson for burial.
Mr. Muck was a most amiable and pleasant man, always ready with a good word for those he met, and he will be greatly missed by all who knew him.
The family wished us to express thanks to the friends who so kindly assisted in the last services.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs