Obit: Nickel, Anna
Charlotte Dorothy (1861 - 1935)
Surnames: NICKEL WIELAND OLSON LUCHTERHAND KOCH RUNGE PERSCHKE WIEDE WILLECKE STARK FOE BROKAW SALTER MARKELL ISYDOREK VOIGHT KOPS PURKIS LEFFEL
----Sources: Colby Phonograph (Colby, Clark County, Wis.) 04/04/1935
Nickel, Anna Charlotte Dorothy (26 Sept. 1861 - 27 Mar. 1935)
Mrs. George Nickel died at the home of her son, Leonard, in the town of Brighton, four and a half miles east of Unity, Wednesday night, March 27, at six o’clock. Funeral services were held Sunday at the Trinity Lutheran church at Unity, Rev. J. A. Olson officiating, and internment was made in the church cemetery. The deceased had been ill since Nov. 13, 1934. Pall bearers were J. Luchterhand, J. Koch, C. Runge, O. Perschke, A. Wiede, Mr. Willecke. Those in charge of the flowers were Mrs. H. Kops, Mrs. Elsie Purkis, Mrs. Leffel, Sr., Mrs. Koch, Mrs. Willecke, Mrs. August Perschke, Mrs. Sam Stark, Mrs. P. Luchterhand. Their golden wedding was celebrated May 8, 1934.
Anna Charlotte Dorothy Wieland was born in Germany September 26, 1861, and emigrated to Milwaukee in 1879. She moved to Spencer later and was married there May 8, 1884, to George Nickel of Unity. They located on a farm east of Unity in the town of Brighton, and in 1915 retired from farming and located in the village of Unity. She was a member of the Trinity Lutheran church and was an honorary member of the ladies’ aid society. She is survived by her widower, one son, Len Nickel, of the town of Brighton, a brother, Ferdinand Wieland, of Oregon City, Ore., and a sister, Mrs. Mary Foe of Tulsa, Okla. Three sisters preceded her in death.
The following relatives and friends from away were here for the funeral: Mr. and Mrs. Jake Nickel, Sr., Mr. and Mrs. William Nickel and Mr. Jake Nickel, Jr., of Sheboygan, Mrs. Brokaw of Milwaukee, Mrs. F. Salter of Waldo, Mr. and Mrs. R. Markell, Mrs. John Isydorek and daughter, Beverly, of Minneapolis, Minn., Mr. and Mrs. H. Voight of Wausau and others from Spencer and Colby.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs