Florence Caroline (1940)
Contact: Audrey Roedl
Surnames: Nelson, Boehning, Asphling, Dittmar, Renberg
----Sources: The Loyal Tribune (Loyal, Clark County, Wis.) 04/11/1940
Nelson, Florence Caroline (Marriage - 30 Mar. 1940)
Miss Florence Caroline Nelson became the bride of Reinhold Paul Boehning at a 2 o'clock ceremony, performed at the home of the bride's parents, Saturday March 30. The Rev. Leroy Asphling, Arpin, read the double ring ceremony.
As the bridal party descended the stairway, Mrs. Hjdmar Dittmar played "The Bridal Chourus" from Lohengrin. Flowers and blue and white streamers formed an arch in the living room.
The bride wore a white satin dress and train veil trimmed with seeded pearls and carried an arm bouquet of calla lilies.
Miss Helen Nelson, Whitewater, sister of the bride, attended as maid of honor, wearing a blue chiffon formal gown fashioned with pink bows. Her corsage was made up of heather violets and sweet peas.
Raymond Boehning, brother of the groom was best man.
After the nuptials a brief musical program was given. A duet "I Love You Truly" was sung by Dorothy and Donald Renberg. Grace Nelson sang "Eternal Day", and a solo was also sung by Miss Violet Dittmar. Guitar selections were played by the Rev. Leroy Asphling and Donald Renberg.
Mrs. Nelson, mother of the bride, wearing a corsage similar to that of the maid of honor, read a poem which she had composed.
About 35 immediate relatives were served supper at 5 o'clock. A large wedding cake trimmed with bells and doves formed a centerpiece.
Mrs. Boehning is a graduate of Auburndale High School and Wood County Normal School, Wisconsin Rapids. She taught school 4 years at Hillside School Auburndale, and is now teaching Riverside School, Marshfield R. 2.
The groom , a son of Mr. and Mrs. Richard Boehning, Marshfield, R. 2 is known to many around Loyal up until a few years ago.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs