Charles (1873 - 1938)
Contact: History Buffs
Surnames: Kesler, Lang, Becker, Butler, Beyerl, Harry, Apfelbeck, Kraus, Olson, Loos, Miller, Ohlinger
----Sources: Colby Phonograph (Colby, Clark County, Wis.) 06/02/1938
Kesler, Charles (10 May 1873 - 29 May 1938)
Charles Kesler, prominent town of Colby farmer, died at St. Joseph’s hospital at Marshfield Sunday afternoon at about 3:00 o’clock, where he had been the past two weeks for treatments for a complication of ailments, after an illness of three months. Funeral services were held at St. Mary’s Catholic church in Colby Wednesday morning, Rev. L. J. Lang reading the requiem mass, and internment was made in the Colby cemetery. Pall bearers were Ed. Becker, Earl Butler, Louis Beyerl, Wm. Harry, Peter Apfelbeck and C. Joe Kraus. Those in charge of the flowers were Gladys Olson, Ruth Butler, Marcella Loos and Lucille Becker. The Christian Mothers served dinner for relatives.
The deceased was born at Two Rivers, May 10th, 1873, and came with his parents, Mr. and Mrs. Geo. Kesler, to Clark county about 53 years ago. They took up a farm in the town of Colby which the deceased took over shortly before his marriage to Miss Rose Miller on June 2, 1903 at Chilton.
He is survived by his wife, four sons, Harry Kesler of Marshfield, Oliver of Colby, Leon and Irving at Chilton and three daughters, Mrs. Arnold Ohlinger and Anita and Lorraine on the home farm; three brothers, Albert Kesler of Gordon, George Kesler of Madison and Matt Kesler of Clintonville. Also seven grand children. A daughter, Bernice, preceded him in death fifteen years ago.
Mr. Kesler was a member of the Catholic Order of Foresters and of the Holy Name Society of St. Mary’s Catholic church. He was a good Christian, a kind husband and father, a good neighbor and an industrious worker. He will be sadly missed not only by members of his family but also by a host of friends.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs