Viola E. (1940)
Contact: Audrey Roedl
Surnames: Taggert, Krahn, Schroeder, Taggart, Rahm, Mellenthin, Schultz, Harger
----Sources: The Loyal Tribune 13 June 1940
Taggert, Viola E. (7 JUN 1940)
On Friday, June 7 at 2 o’clock the marriage of Viola Edith Taggert, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Wm. Taggart, Sherman and Bert A. Schroeder, son of Mr. and Mrs. Albert Schroeder of Loyal was solemnized at Salem Lutheran Church, Veefkind. The Rev. Franklin Albrecht performed the ceremony. The double ring service was used. Mrs. Johnson O. Mueller played the Lohengrin Wedding March as the bride, on the arm of her father, approached the altar which was decorated with spring flowers and ferns.
Mr. and Mrs. Alton Krahn, sister and brother-in-law of the bride sang List to the Voice."
The bride’s dress of white satin was fashioned with fitted lines with lace edged train. The bodice yoke of chantilly lace as were the insets in the long sleeves that ended in points over the hands. The front of the bodice was trimmed with covered buttons and was closed in back with covered button and loops. She wore a finger tip veil with seed pearl head dress which was borrowed from Mrs. A. Krahn. Her arm bouquet was bridal wreath, white lilacs and wild ferns. She carried a blue handkerchief. White shoes completed her ensemble.
The bride’s maid, Miss Minerva Taggart, Milwaukee, was her sister’s bride’s maid. Her dress was of daffodil embroidered organdy with full skirt, fitted bodice and puffed sleeves with self material points. Royal blue velvet ribbon bows were tied to form a sweetheart neck line. She wore a tiny white hat with shoulder length veil. Her flowers were American beauty tulips and ferns. She wore a necklace of gold and pearl with a gold heirloom bracelet.
The junior bridesmaid, Miss Beatrice Taggart, sister of the bride and Miss Emily Rahm wore light blue organdy over taffeta fashioned similar to the bridesmaid’s dress but with short bolero jackets and bows and streamers of royal Blue satin ribbon. They wore sprays of bridal wreath in their hair and carried yellow tulips and ferns. The girls all wore white slippers.
The bride’s mother wore aqua printed sheer with (word illegible) and white hat. Her corsage was lilies of the valley and bridal wreath with fern.
Raymond Mellenthin, Unity, nephew of the groom was best man. The men wore dark suits and their boutonnieres were white snowballs. Lawrence Schultz and Donald Harger acted as ushers.
Wedding supper was served to about 60 guests at the home of the bride.
Herman Schultz was in charge of the decorations at the house and the church. He also arranged the bridal flowers. The house was decorated with blue, white and yellow crepe paper in lattice effect on the walls and streamers of paper from corners to center of the room from which a white wedding bell was suspended. A large wedding cake was used as a centerpiece. Clusters of tall slim candles arranged with columbine, and lilies of the valley were used on the ends of the table. The candles were the only lighting used.
The bride is a graduate of Loyal High School class of 1937 and for the past two years has been employed in Marshfield.
The groom is a graduate of Loyal High School class of 1926 of Coyne Electrical College and of Stevens Point Business College.
The young people plan on leaving for the southern part of the state where the groom has employment.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs