Stella #2 (1943)
Contact: Crystal Wendt
Surnames: Davis, Gotter, Laesch, Prochazka
----Sources: The Clark County Press (Neillsville, Clark County, Wis.) 1 April 1943
Davis, Stella (Marriage - March 27, 1943)
Miss Stella Davis, prominent in educational and social circles in this city, and Arno Gotter, Granton, were united in marriage at 11 a.m. Saturday, March 27, at the Granton Lutheran Church, the Rev. Arthur Laesch, conducting the double-ring ceremony.
The bride wore a gown of navy blue crepe and a white rose corsage. Her sister, Mrs. George Prochazka, who acted as matron of honor, wore navy blue crepe and a white rose corsage. George Prochazka acted as best man. The groom and his attendant wore navy blue suits.
The couple took a short wedding trip to Minneapolis, returning to Granton Monday where a reception and shower was arranged for them at the village hall.
Mrs. Gotter was graduated from the Granton High School and from Stevens Point State Teacher’s College. She taught for a time at Marinette before coming to Neillsville to teach in the North Side school where she supervised in the lower grades, also being honored with the principal ship. Her method of teaching and the tireless effort she put forth in the work, has placed the north side grades up a par with many in the larger schools of the state. She won the love of the children under her supervision and the respect of her co-workers and the parents of the children. Socially, and as a citizen, Mrs. Gotter also has been an asset to the city of Neillsville, Wis. Mr. Gotter has spent his entire lifetime doing farm work. He is a graduate of the Granton High School.
Mr. and Mrs. Gotter will be at home to their friends after April 10, on a farm on the outskirts of Granton, this being the Davis homestead upon which the bride lived as a child and during her high school days.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs