Surnames: Loos, Morrow, Oates, Miller, Metzgar, Schulte, Tessmer, Hiemer, Piechel, Kuehn, Riemer, Davis, Fisher, Williams, Kuehling, Lindner, Pacholke, Witt, Bauer, Allman, Van Sleet, Abeggien, Saur
----Sources: Colby Phonograph (Colby, Clark County, Wis.) 07/12/1945
Loos, Lorraine (Marriage - 9 July 1945)
Miss Lorraine Loos, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Walter Loos of Colby, and Mr. Merton Morrow, petty officer, first class, son of Mr. and Mrs. M. V. Morrow of Spencer, Wis., were united in marriage Monday afternoon, July 9th, at 4:30 P.M. at the First Evangelical and Reformed church at Colby, Rev. Oates of Marshfield reading the marriage ceremony. The bride was given in marriage by her father. Mrs. George Miller was organist and Miss Lorraine Morrow, sister of the groom, sang "Because" and "The Lord’s Prayer."
The bride was attired in a gown of white marquisette, long peplin edged in reushing and collar in the same effect and a long train. A fingertip veil of illusion, edged with lace, was caught to a beaded headdress. She wore a white Peruvian penant and carried a white silk hanky, gifts of the groom. Her shower bouquet consisted of white roses and swansonias.
Miss Marcella Loos, sister of the bride, was maid of honor and wore a dress of carnation pink ninon, bodice waistline, full gathered skirt, long sleeves with lace trimming. Her bouquet consisted of pink roses, sweet peas and swansonias. The bridesmaids were Mrs. William Metzgar, sister of the groom, and Miss Audrey Schulte, friend of the bride. Mrs. Metzgar wore a dress of white taffeta, blouse with full gathered chiffon skirt and shower long lace mitts and a shadow bonnet. Miss Schulte wore a dress of frost white chiffon, full gathered waist, taffeta blouse, lace trim, white long sleeve mitts and a shadow bonnet. Their bouquets consisted of white carnations, sweet peas and delphiniums.
The groom was attended by Wilbur Larson, as best man, and Herbert Saur and Sylvester Tessmer as groomsmen. Ushers were Ronald Hiemer, cousin of the bride, and Larrel Loos, brother of the bride.
A reception was given at the home of the bride’s parents, the home being decorated with pink and white streamers which formed a canopy over the bride’s table. One large and six white wedding bells edged the canopy. A three-tier wedding cake topped by miniature bride and groom formed the center pieces. In the evening, a wedding dance was given at the Wiedenhoeft pavilion.
The groom is stationed at the U.S. naval air station, Boca Chica, Florida. After a wedding trip to Northern Wisconsin, the couple will be at home at 709 Bakers Lane, Key West, Florida, after July 19th.
Out of town guests at the wedding were Mr. and Mrs. F. V. Morrow and Mrs. D. W. Morrow of Fond du Lac. Mr. and Mrs. Harold Piechel and Mrs. Robert Morrow of Spencer, Mr. and Mrs. Ben Kuehn and family of Wausau, Mr. and Mrs. Ervin Riemer and family and Mr. and Mrs. Robert Riemer of Athens, Rev. and Mrs. Oates, Mrs. Orville Davis and Mr. and Mrs. Ervin Fisher of Marshfield, Mr. and Mrs. Edgar Williams and family and Mr. and Mrs. Richard Kuehling and son of Unity, Pfc. Grace Lindner of Camp Edwards, Mass., Mr. and Mrs. Wayne Davis and sons of Duluth, Minn., Miss Bernice Pacholke and Miss Elaine Witt of Eau Claire, Miss Barie Bauer of Milwaukee, Mrs. Edward Allman, Miss Berneice Van Sleet and Miss Adeline Abeggien of Wausau.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs