BioM: Bower, Shirley (1940) Surnames: Rasmussen, Bower, Hodnett, Niemi
----Sources: OWEN ENTERPRISE (Owen, Clark County, Wis.) 11/28/1940
Bower, Shirley (23 NOV 1940)
Einar Rasmussen, son of Mr. and Mrs. Viggo Rasmussen of Longwood (Clark Co., Wis.) and Miss Shirley Bower of Longwood, were united in marriage at a double ring ceremony which was performed in the presence of many friends by the Rev. Earle in the chapel of the Presbyterian Church at the corner of Broadway and Addison in Chicago, at eight o’clock Saturday evening, Nov. 23, 1940.
The couple were attended by former classmates, Mildred Hodnett and Theodore Niemi.
The bride was attired in a gown of white brocaded satin with silver accessories. She wore a fingertip veil and carried white chrysanthemums. Her bridesmaid wore a formal gown of ice blue brocaded satin with gold accessories. She carried yellow roses.
The groom and his best man were attired in gray business suits.
The guests were taken to the home of Mr. and Mrs. Kolbe for a reception and to the Skokey Gardens for dancing.
The bride and groom are both graduates of the Owen High School and since have been employed in Chicago where they will make their future home.
They have a host of friends here who wish them many years of happy married life.
The couple was tendered a personal shower and a miscellaneous shower and received many beautiful and valuable gifts.
Out of town guests were Mr. and Mrs. Albert Bower of Stanley; Mr. and Mrs. William Niemi and Miss fern Hodnett of Withee; Mrs. L.O. Bower of Owen; and Mr. and Mrs. A.T. Boehm of Wausau.
Others attending were Mr. and Mrs. Hiram Farnham, uncle and aunt of the bride, of Elmwood Park, Ill.; Mary Galvin of Winnetka, Ill.; Harry Bower, Harold Hodnett, Mary Harvatin, Leora Tisdale and Dorothy Hemminger, all formerly of Owen, Wis.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs