News: Withee (9
Surnames: Spaulding, Carlon, Andrews, Goodwin, Genara, Gilbo, Helms, Hommel, Ritston, Sheehan, Tufts
----Sources: Colby Phonograph (Colby, Clark County, Wis.) 01/09/1893
Withee - Jan. 9, 1893
D. J. Spaulding was in town a few days, this week.
Carlon & Andrews will soon have their mill at Longwood in running order.
The bridge across the Popple River, east of Longwood, is being built by the King Bridge Co.
David Goodwin and Miss Mary Genara, both of this place, were married Saturday evening.
Mrs. Gilbo took the 10:25 train, Wednesday morning, for Minneapolis. She intends to be absent about one month.
The Donaldson Brothers, of Medford, have bought the Christ Helms mill, and have two horse teams hauling lumber to this place.
Ed. Hommel and Christ Ritston, W. S. Tufts, two foremen, were in town, Sunday. The boys have about a million feet in at present.
The York Iron Co. have bought some land of D. J. Spaulding and have a crew of men cutting and hauling wood to their kilns on Black River.
Pat Sheehan is seen quite often on our streets this winter. He has a large crew of men in camp and it keeps him busy hauling in the supplies for the boys.
W. S. Tufts is having a big trade this winter and the people go away with a smile on their face, knowing *** Note: The rest of the article was cut off and was not available at the time of transcription.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs