Surnames: Goessl, Gutenberger, Seeboth, Kapfhamer, Decker, Frocelund, Kern, Kuernberger, Butler
----Source: Colby Phonograph (Colby, Clark County, Wis.) 07/24/1947
Goessl, Ethel (Marriage - 16 July 1947)
Miss Ethel Goessl, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Irving Goessl of Rt. 1, Curtiss, and Roy Gutenberger, son of Mr. and Mrs. Elroy Gutenberger of Colby, were united in marriage at St. Louis Catholic church at Dorchester Wednesday morning, July 16th, at 9:00 A.M., Rev. Joseph Seeboth of Stetsonville reading the marriage ceremony. The bride was attended by Eileen Gutenberger, sister of the groom, as maid of honor and Mrs. John O. Kapfhamer, sister of the bride, as bridesmaid. The groom was attended by Thoedore Goessl, brother of the bride, and John A. Kapfhamer, brother in law of the bride.
The bride was attired in a gown of white rayon marquisette, long train, square neckline, fingertip veil caught to a beaded tiara. For jewelry she wore a pearl necklace. Her bouquet consisted of white roses, pink carnations and blue larkspur. The maid of honor and bridesmaid wore similar dresses of white ninon, sweetheart neckline and full skirt. Their corsages consisted of white roses, pink carnations and blue larkspur. Both wore pearl necklaces, gifts of the bride.
A reception was given at the home of the bride’s parents which was decorated with white streamers, bells and a white three-tier wedding cake. In the evening, a dance was given at Walter’s pavilion.
The couple left on a wedding trip to Northern Wisconsin and Upper Michigan and will be at home after July 21st at the farm of Earl Butler where the groom is employed.
Out of town guests included Mr. and Mrs. Milton Gutenberger of Burlington, Wis., Mr. and Mrs. Clarence Decker and Bobby of Fort Smith, Arkansas, Mrs. August Frocelund and Mrs. Kenneth Kern of Menasha, Wis., Mr. and Mrs. John Kuernberger and girls of Merrill.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs