Surnames: Bowen, Smith, Hoffmann, Karaba, Heppner, Schultz
----Source: Colby Phonograph (Colby, Clark County, Wis.) 09/04/1952
Bowen, Geraldine (Marriage - 30 Aug. 1952)
Miss Geraldine Bowen, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. John Bowen of Abbotsford, and Clifford F. Smith, son of Mr. and Mrs. Frank Smith of Owen, were united in marriage at Zion Lutheran church in Colby Saturday morning, August 30, at 11:00 o’clock, Rev. O. Hoffmann reading the double ring ceremony. Donald Schultz sang "Because" and "The Lord’s Prayer." The couple was attended by Mrs. Joseph Karaba of Milwaukee as matron of honor, Mrs. Robert Heppner, Jr., of Colby as bridesmaid, Joseph Karaba of Milwaukee as best man and Robert Heppner, Jr., of Colby, Wis.
The bride was attired in an egg-shell satin gown with long sleeves, high neckline and buttoned in the back to the waist. The front was trimmed in seeded pearls to the nylon pleated insert. Her finger-tip veil was held in place with a seeded pearl tiara. She wore a double strand of pearls, a gift of the groom. Her bouquet, fashioned in a "V" shape, consisted of red and white carnations and lilies of the valley. Mrs. Karaba wore a gown of green nylon net over taffeta with a low neck and ruffled bertha, green gauntlets and lace picture hat. Her shower bouquet consisted of orchid tinted glads.
Dinner was served immediate members of the families at the Casa Grande and a reception was held in the afternoon for relatives and friends at the home of the bride’s parents which was decorated with white wedding bells and green and orchid streamers. In the evening, a wedding dance was held at the Colby Park Pavilion.
Guests were here for the wedding from Owen, Curtiss, Appleton, Abbotsford, Colby and Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
The groom is engaged in farming near Owen where the couple will make their home.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs